CHILDBIRTH ISN'T THE MIRACLE - SURVIVING PARENTHOOD IS

Tuesday 23 March 2010

The Reluctant Parent

Tuesday

Bit at a loss today because I've got no 'very important life changing' jobs to do like BUY WASHING POWDER and EMPTY TUMBLE DRYER. Instead I am POTTERING which is practically impossible to do when you've got a toddler. Pottering with a toddler involves opening doors/shutting doors, finding his comforter, ignoring hissy fits, saying "A car" or "A plane" and dreading 3pm when the other two little darlings will need picking up.
Yes I'm in one of those RELUCTANT PARENT moods where I am thinking about the past ME and the past LIFE (yes I used to have one of those)...I am a mere shadow of my former self. Did anybody used to know that Claire Smith? She was really good fun. She used to have spontaneity and fun and chillout and sex. If ever she makes an appearance then please do everything in your power to keep her around.
I used to dream about growing up and having children, now I dream about getting a full nights sleep and reading the Sunday papers in bed and having SPACE. Where did it all go wrong????

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it with 3 kids. I am overwhelmed by one. Parenting is sooo hard and really sucks at times (more so lately)

    ReplyDelete